The popular messaging platform, Whatsapp, has a new update and it will mean that millions of users will be unable to use the platform from January 1, 2021.
NB: Below are things you should know about the update:
- Any iPhone not running iOS 9 or newer will be unable to access Whatsapp from New Year’s Day.
- Any phone not running at least Android 4.0.3, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, will be unable to access the platform.
- The update is focused around the operating systems iOS 9 for iPhones and Android 4.0.3, which were released in 2015 and 2011, respectively.
- No iPhones released after the 4 are impacted, just the 4, 3GS and earlier.
- The effect of the update on Android phones won’t be much unless they are a decade old.
- Android phones that will be affected include the Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Desire and LG Optimus Black.
- Phone owners can see what software their device is using by checking the settings section. For iPhone users, this can be found under Settings > General > Software update.
Share to your loved ones ❣️